RBI to issue Rs 200 note tomorrow, Here is how it looks
NEW DELHI: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will issue the first-ever Rs 200 denomination banknotes tomorrow. The currency note is expected to address liquidity issue and also reduce the burden on the Rs 100 note.
“The Reserve Bank of India will issue on August 25, Rs 200 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of Dr. Urjit R. Patel, RBI Governor,” RBI said in a release.
“The new denomination has Motif of Sanchi Stupa on the reverse. The base colour of the note is Bright Yellow. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse,” RBI said.
The circulation of the new note is likely to bridge the shortage of small currency denomenation notes that have faced a shortage after introduction of Rs 2000 note and demonetisation of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes. RBI also expects the new note to be very popular as there is no other denomination between Rs 100 and Rs 500 notes.
Here are all the features of the Rs 200 note and how it looks:
1. The new note will be released inder Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing signature of RBI Governor Dr. Urjit R. Patel.
2. See through register with denominational numeral 200. Latent image with denominational numeral 200
3.Denominational numeral २०० in Devnagari
4. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
5. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘India’ and ‘200’
6. Windowed security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI with colour shift. Colour of the thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted.
7. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait.
8. Denominational numeral with Rupee Symbol, Rs 200 in colour changing ink (green to blue) on bottom right.
9. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right.
10. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (200) watermarks.
11. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
12. For visually impaired: Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, raised Identification mark H with micro-text ₹200, four angular bleed lines with two circles in between the lines both on the right and left sides.
On the Reverse
13. Year of printing of the note on the left.
14. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan.
15. Language panel.
16. Motif of Sanchi Stupa.
17. Denominational numeral २०० in Devnagari.
18. Dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm x 146 mm.